Collaborations and Projects - Grants
- European Union FP7 KBBE.2012 - Increasing Value and Flow in the Marine Biodiscovery Pipeline, PharmaSea, with 24 groups, MEDINA WP2 leader (2013-2015)
- European Union FP7 Marie Curie Initial Training Network ITN - PARAMET-A systematic analysis of parasite metabolism-from metabolism to intervention (2012-2015)
- Regional Government of Andalucía. Project in Scientific Excellence. Sustainable use of plants and their fungal parasites from arid regions of Andalucía for new molecules useful for antifungals and neuroprotectors (RNM-7987, 2012-2014) with Neuron BPH and the University of Granada.
- European Union FP7 Marie Curie Career Integration Grant. CoCulMicro. Cocultivation of microorganisms as a strategy for discovery of new natural products with antimicrobial properties (PCIG09-GA-2011-293992; 2011-2015)
- European Union FP7 Marie Curie Career Integration Grant. DOSYmNPs. Novel applications of diffusion NMR spectroscopy in microbial natural products research (PCIG09-GA-2011-293762; 2011-2015)
- European Cooperation in Scientific and Technical Research. COST Action – Endophytes in Biotechnology and Agriculture FA1103. (2011-2014)
- Regional Government of Andalucía. Project in Scientific Excellence. Discovery of new antibiotics by a combination of two strategies: cultivating uncultivated bacteria and sampling saline environments in Andalucía. (CTS-5859, 2011-2013) with the University of Granada
- Regional Government of Andalucía. Project in Scientific Excellence. Discovery and development of new antibiotics against multiresistant Gram negative bacteria and new compounds potentiating the carbapenem activity. (CVI-6909, 2011-2013)
- Research In Health Sciences Program, Health Sciences Institute Carlos III, New antibiotics against multiresistant Gram negative pathogens and potentiators of carbapenem activity. (PI10/00745, 2011-2013)
- Regional Government of Andalucía. Project in Scientific Excellence. Use of zebra fish as experimental model: evaluation of mitochondrial disfunction and identification of neuroprotective compounds from microbial natural products (CTS-5784) with the University of Granada.
- Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation. Non-Oriented Basic Research Project. Discovery and characterization of new antibiotics by culturing previously uncultured bacteria. (SAF2010-15010, 2011-2013)
- Regional Government of Andalucía. Project in Scientific Excellence: Identification of natural product inhibitors of pyrimidine biosynthetic enzymes as antimalarial agents (2009-2012) with Instituto López-Neyra-CSIC.
- Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation. Applied Collaborative Research Project: Discovery and development of pharmaceuticals efficacious for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gerhig´s Disease) (2009-2011)
- ERA-NET: Pathogenomics (7th FP): Development of novel antifungal compounds against Aspergillus spp. from microbial NPs(2009-2011)
- CONSOLIDER-INGENIO 2010, Spanish Program from the Ministry of Science and Innovation: Discovery of novel antimicrobials from the Metagenome of the Iberian Peninsula (2008-2012).